What if the middle name/initial on my ID doesn’t match my Authorization to Test?
If the name on both your primary and secondary IDs (including your middle name/middle initial) does not match the name on your ATT for the NAPLEX and/or MPJE, you must send the appropriate documentation to us at least five business days prior to the date of your scheduled examination. You will need to email the following to email@example.com:
- A scanned copy of your primary/secondary IDs with the name that should be listed on your ATT.
- In the body of your email or on a fax page, this information:
- Full name
- The last four digits of your Social Security number (if you have one)
- Date of birth
- e-Profile ID
All acceptable forms of primary/secondary IDs must be current (unexpired), contain a recent photo and signature, and must be issued either by US/US territories or Canada. Acceptable primary/secondary IDs are:
- US/Canadian passport
- US/Canadian driver’s license
- US state/Canadian province ID
- US/Canadian temporary driver’s license
- US learner’s permit
- US/Canadian military ID
Additionally, for secondary IDs, the candidate may use a US passport card and valid debit/credit cards.
If the name with which you have applied is different from the name on both of your IDs, you will not be permitted to test and will forfeit your examination fee. Name updates cannot be completed at the test center, as there are no exceptions to this policy.
For more information on name matching guidelines, see the NAPLEX/MPJE Application Bulletin.